Posting supportive comments on nominees' profiles is a great way to tell them how much they mean to you. The comments are taken into consideration by the Selection Committee.
You can also help us honor your nominee on social media. Start by following Sterling Shining Star on Facebook and Twitter or scroll down for more ideas on how to support your nominee!
The Sterling Shining Star Award will be given to the nominee whose community demonstrates the most support for his or her nomination. Show your spirit on social media with #SterlingShiningStar!
Post the nominee’s profile on your school or district Facebook page. Use #SterlingShiningStar and share a story about your nominee and tell everyone why he/she is a Shining Star. Include a link to the nominee’s profile and encourage the school community to leave a positive comment to support the nomination.
Share your nominee’s profile by tweeting a link to it using #SterlingShiningStar – include a message about how the nominee has had an impact on your school or district. Add a Vine if you’re bursting with creativity and show us what the nominee means to you!
Go above and beyond to support your nominee! Here are some suggestions:
- Do you have a school announcement sign in the front of your campus? Show you’re proud of your nominee by posting “Home of a Sterling Shining Star Nominee!” on the sign.
- Your school will be sent a poster once an educator is nominated, so make sure to put it in a visible place and use social media to show us its place of honor.
- Why not create a Sterling Shining Star board alongside the poster? Encourage students to stick notes on it to say what the nominee means to them.
- Recognize your nominee at a school assembly, school committee meeting, or at halftime of school sporting events. Make sure to record it and send us the video via social media using #SterlingShiningStar!
- Plaster the halls with homemade posters and banners supporting your nominee!
- Get in touch with your town administrator or other local community manager to discuss ways in which your town could support the nomination (on their website for example).
- Show your Sterling Shining Star spirit on your school or district website!
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper and tell them about your nominee and the amazing things he or she is doing to positively impact students and the school community. Or, call a local reporter or tips line!
- Share it through social media with the school community and encourage colleagues, parents and students to leave a comment on the nominee’s profile and post on social media with #SterlingShiningStar.
- Announce the nomination during morning announcements!
- Supporting your Sterling Shining Star as a school means involving the students as well as the faculty. By holding a pep rally, you’re involving the entire school in a great show of spirit and community!